with enhanced wellbeing services
24/7 wellbeing support
Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), is provided by Spectrum.Life at no extra cost to all employees of our Group Protection policyholders. With day-to-day wellbeing and counselling services that provide in the moment support to employees and their immediate family 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Employees can receive expert support through various routes, as well as by logging into the Spectrum.Life platform and app. The platform and app also provide a wealth of health and wellbeing tools and resources, including a digital gym, fitness classes, nutrition guides, podcasts and more to help employees stay healthy and happy.
How our EAP helps
Employees can arrange quality care when they need, through on demand access to fully accredited and qualified counsellors and psychotherapists. Employees can receive support in a way that they feel comfortable with, such as by phone or video.
In the moment support
- Employees can arrange support from fully qualified counsellors or clinically trained psychotherapists at any time.
- All services are accessible worldwide by telephone, live chat, WhatsApp, SMS, email and they can also request a call back.
- Cover is provided for the employee, their partner and dependants. That includes a spouse, partner, registered civil partner and children aged 16 to 24 in full-time education who are living in the same household.
Active therapy and counselling
- Employees can recieve up to 8 structured counselling sessions per issue through our Group Income Protection product.
- Bereavement counselling and bereavement assistance, for the immediate family of employees through our Life Assurance product at claim.
Counselling can be provided face to face, over the phone or online.
What other services are provided?
- Day-to-day information services - provided on a wide range of issues. These include finances, legal support, medical support, and much more.
- Medical helpline – provides practical information, signposting and guidance on a range of medical and health related issues.
- Legal support - free initial information from a trained legal professional. Our EAP can put employees in touch with solicitors who can provide information to help them with a wide range of legal issues.
- Dedicated line manager support and referrals - help with resolving workplace issues such as conflict, mental health, having difficult conversations, discrimination, managing stress, performance and attendance. Support can be accessed 24/7 through the confidential helpline. Line mangers can also refer employees to the service by completing a referral form, which will be available on request.
- 24/7 Critical Incident Support - offers 24/7/365 access to a front-line team of mental health professionals (qualified, accredited counsellors/ psychotherapists). In addition to their training in Psychotherapy, Spectrum.Life’s mental health professionals have all completed training in Trauma, Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) support and referral processes.
Digital wellbeing platform and app
As well as in the moment support from qualified counsellors, employees will also be able to have instant access to an on-demand health and wellbeing platform and app. This gives employees a wide range of tools and resources to actively manage their day-to-day wellbeing, whenever and wherever they want.
Features and benefits
- Wellbeing support content - clinician created content on mental health, depression, anxiety, sleep, parenting and more, through articles, videos and podcasts.
- Wellbeing Series – a monthly webinar series covering the hot topics in the wellbeing space. Giving employers the advice and
guidance, they need to support wellbeing in the workplace.
- Be Calm – programmes of clinician led, self-guided mindfulness and meditation exercises.
- Sound Space – themed podcasts on a range of topics with weekly guests.
- Digital gym – access to a range of classes including Pilates, HIIT, yoga, combat and kettlebells. Classes are tailored for everyone, from beginners to advanced level. Employees can watch live and on-demand, in their own time and space.
- Fitness and nutrition - employees can access hundreds of healthy recipes, from easy snacks to meals for their family. They
can explore a growing collection of fitness programmes with hundreds of different exercises for all levels.
- Shopping Discounts - access to shopping offers and discounts.
How employees can access the platform and app
Employees can access hours of wellbeing content and improve their fitness, nutrition, and mental health using the details below:
To access the platform:
- Visit: legalandgeneral.com/eap
- Use access code: BeWell
To access the app, visit the Apple App Store or Google Play store:
- Search for the app: Spectrum.Life
- Use access code: BeWell
Employees will need to download the app by searching Spectrum.Life in the iOS or Android app stores
Contact for EAP support
Our EAP is available 24/7, 365 days a year.
UK Freephone: 0800 316 9337
WhatsApp and SMS: Text ‘hi’ to 07418 360 046
Who are our EAP provider, Spectrum.Life?
Spectrum.Life is a mental health, wellbeing and digital health innovator, providing Employee Assistance Programmes to over 4 million employees with a network of 2,350+ experienced, accredited counsellors and psychotherapists across UK and Ireland.