- Extra cover to help your recovery
- Over 180 Years of experience
- UK’s Number One Life Insurance provider
What is Critical Illness Cover?
Critical Illness Cover can be an invaluable way of protecting you and your family against the financial implications you would face if you were diagnosed with a critical illness. It can be added for an extra cost when taking out Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance.
How does Critical Illness Cover work?
You and loved ones could receive a cash sum if you’re diagnosed with, or undergo a medical procedure for one of the specified critical illnesses that we cover during the length of your policy, and you survive for 14 days from diagnosis. It could help with child care costs, household bills or to help maintain your standard of living if you're forced to take time off work to recover.
Here's some great reasons to take out cover with us:
- Children's Critical Illness Cover is included as standard. Terms and conditions apply.
- No-one covers more families in the UK than us** (based on new life insurance sales).
- We paid out £209 million in critical illness cover claims in 2021, helping 2800 people and their families.
- Get a quote online in 2 minutes, you could be covered in just 20.
This page was last reviewed by our team of financial protection experts on 25th April 2023.